Chief Operations Officer (COO)
The chief operations officer (COO) will provide the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that HiMS has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization, and to ensure its financial strength and operating efficiency. The COO will accomplish this through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives of the company.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management in defined areas including but not limited to project management, quality assurance, KPIs, information technology, enrollment, claims, and records management teams.
- Responsible for planning, executing, evaluating and directing company operations and contract performance.
- Responsible for defining, developing and implementing policies, procedures, and infrastructure to assure company consistently provides quality products and service to its customers while maintaining company-wide innovation.
- Work with the CEO and leadership team to identify corporate strategic plans, assess financial performance, identify workforce planning and management, and serve as executive-in-charge on multiple contracts including day-to-day oversight of project teams.
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Support the CEO (leadership team) and participate in Business Development strategy and activities.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
- Represent HiMS to clients, investors, and business partners.
Financial Management. Supervisory Responsibility
- This position has supervisory responsibility for defined areas.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- At least eight years of strong operational experience.
- Experience in Health Information Technology systems and solutions.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in business or related field.
- At least five years in a senior leadership role.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis with previous experience overseeing human resources, information technology, and legal.
- Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning.
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission.
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fastmoving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Motivating Others
- Managing Vision and Purpose
- Total Work Systems
- Strategic Agility
- Drive for Results
- Business Acumen
- Decision Quality